My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hiya!!! :D
Today, I want to talk about veganism (with food).
I choose not to be vegan, because of one simple belief that I have. That belief is that animals/organisms eat/consume other animals/organisms. (Now that I think about it, it's not really a belief. It's more like a concept.) Now then, just because I think this way, doesn't mean I have anything against vegetarians. In fact, I have close friends, family, teachers, and role models (Go Ellen!!! >:D ) that are vegan.

Of course, dietary veganism can help the environment and, more obviously, animals. In the US, thousands of animals are kept in disgusting conditions and are slaughtered every day. They overgraze destroying the land. By eating only plants, less animals are grown only to be killed later in their lives.

Then, there are the (very little) disadvantages. Vegans must consume more food/plants that people who eat meat in order to get enough nutrients and vitamins. To be able to feed vegan who eats more plants, more plants must be grown. In farms, chemical fertilizers are being used more and more. These chemicals can and will sink into the land and into the water table, where some people may drink from (it's the place where wells reach down to get water.)

Again, I have absolutely  nothing against any vegans. I believe that anything a person does is their very own choice. Next time then! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment