My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

hiya everyone!
Just now I was shopping for some clothes at a mall. And that was when I had my most awkward moment in my life. EVER.
I was standing in line waiting to pay for some clothes when right behind me, I hear a couple cooing each other. Then, they start making out. I felt  so awkward and worst of all, I was in line and couldn't move anywhere (or else I'd lose my spot). I had to stare forward knowing a couple was making out right behind me. Have they no shame!? Please do that somewhere else. PLEASE!!!!
Well, that really isn't what I wanted to talk about today. But now, for the main subject!

Today, I want to do a little manga review. I may or may not have said this before, but I LOVE manga!!! Usually, I read shoujo, but sometimes I read shounen. (Shoujo is a genre for girls from ages 10-18 while shounen is a genre for boys from 10-18.) I've read the popular ones, like Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tail, while I've also read less popular ones, such as Sengoku Strays. But for now, I'm going to review my most favorite Shoujo manga: Akagami no Shirayukihime.
Akagami no Shirayukihime, or "Red-haired Snow White Princess", is an adventure, (cute) romance shoujo manga written by Akizuki Sorata (I absolutely love all of her work!!! ^.^ ♥ ♪). It's based on the fairy tale of "Snow White", but is also very different. For one thing, the main character, Shirayuki (Snow White), is a very strong female character. She isn't the kind of girl that waits for a prince to save her; she actually makes and effort to save herself first. Also, Shirayuki is a pharmacist with rare, apple-red hair and not a princess.
Basically, Akagami no Shirayukihime, is about a girl, Shirayuki, who is chosen to be a famous and foolish prince's concubine because of her rare red hair. Because she does not want to be ordered around, she runs away from her home kingdom to a neighboring country. While traveling in the woods, she encounters Zen and his two companions, Kiki and Mitsuhide. Then, someone under the foolish prince sends some poisoned apples to the group of four, and Zen eats one becoming sick. Shirayuki agrees to go back to her kingdom in order to get the antidote and...................well, I think I should stop there. I shouldn't spoil too much of my favorite manga. :P
Just go read it!!! It's REALLY good!!!!! (well, if you're a girl you would probably like it more than a guy would...) Here's a link to read Akagami no Shirayukihime online for free (in English):
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/akagami_no_shirayukihime/
Enjoy and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment