My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Many Events of June 29th!

Hello! This post will be about all the things that happened to me last Saturday, on June 29th (because a lot of things happened)

So, on Saturday morning, I got my braces off!!! >V< I've had them on for 5-6 years (which is a lot longer than the average, which is about 2-3 years) so I'm pretty darn happy. When they first took off the brackets, and I felt the front of my teeth again, they felt like my gums O___o That's how long it's been.
A lot of people say that getting your braces off really hurts, but I would disagree. The orthodontists snap off the brackets from your teeth by applying pressure, so it's not really pain that you feel, but rather pressure (I mean, it's not like getting them off will be completely painless/harmless, right?) I would say that the cleaning off the cement/glue thing that sticks the brackets to your teeth hurt more than snapping off the brackets, but only because the person who did that kept poking my gums will a spinning drill (that actually sounds a lot worst than how it really was)
After they cleaned off my teeth, the orthodontists pretty much stuffed clay into my mouth to create a mold of my teeth for my retainers. That was really uncomfortable. It's pretty traumatizing when you have a really small mouth, and they come out of nowhere and suddenly shove a large quantity of clay that doesn't fit into your mouth without any warnings. I remember that they did that before I got my braces too, and the clay kept touching my uvula, which made me feel like puking. I hated it so much. °^°
I got my retainers recently, and they are a lot different from what I expected. I thought that it would be easy to take them off and on, but it's actually pretty difficult. The plastic retainers I got fit really tightly to your teeth to the point that it feels like you still have braces. And since they're on so tight, it's hard to take them off too.

Anyways, to continue on with the story. During lunch on Saturday, I ate at California Pizza Kitchen with my friends to celebrate our good friend's birthday!!! >W< I really love that place; their BBQ Chicken Pizza is so delicious! Then, we all went to this dessert shop called Treat.
This place is amazing. They have macarons, dole whip, waffles, and snow ice, which is a combination of shaved ice and ice cream that tastes like cold, fluffy clouds °w° (They have a lot more, but I can't possibly name them all, right?) I also really like how the shop looked, it was small and cute :3
After we all ate our desserts (mine was red bean snow ice with mochi, yum!), we all went to AMC Theatre (which just so happens to be right behind Treat). We watched White House Down, a movie about a terrorist attack on the White House, starring Channing Tatum and Jamie Fox. It's action-packed and incredibly funny. (Donnie, played by Nicolas Wright, is the best tour guide ever. no question about it) I highly recommend it :)

After the movie, I went home and pretty much rested. :\ (talk about an anticlimactic ending)
Anyways, those were the main highlights of last Saturday.
That's all for now :D
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment