My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Anime Expo 2013!

Hello! This post will be about my visit to Anime Expo (like...2 weeks ago. I've been lazing around, I admit it -__-)Don't expect too much though. It's been a while, plus all I really did was look around at stalls.
Unfortunately, this year, my friends and I were only able to go through the Artist Alley and Exhibit Hall (no panels :'( ). It was our first year for all of us, so we got pretty tired quickly. We had originally planned to head there in the morning at 8am and leave around 6pm. In the end, we only hung around for about six hours :\
But, Anime Expo was still really cool! There were so many fellow otakus and cosplayers everywhere! ^^
When we first arrived, the Artist Alley and Exhibit Hall hadn't opened yet, so we walked around the lobby and took pictures of cosplayers. Unexpectedly (at least to me), there were a lot of Adventure Time and Homestuck fans at Anime Expo. I also didn't expect to see that many couples that were cosplaying together. One really cute couple cosplayed as a Mincraft player and a creeper. It was so cute <3
When the upper floors at AX finally opened, my friends and I went straight to Yummei's table in the Artist Alley. I got to buy her book, 1000 Words, and one of her prints. :D I also met a artist I didn't know, named Angela (her username is AsianPanties on deviantart, which I now follow) and bought two of her prints. At the Artist Alley, there was a lot of Free! (which was released just the day before I went) and Sherlock stuff, which my friends fangirl about... .___.
After eating lunch outside, we went back in to look around the Exhibit Hall. Two of my friends wanted some Maple Story stuff, so the rest of us walked around and explored. I saw a lot of interesting things, like wigs, mangas, katanas, masks, alpacas, and plushies.
After that, we pretty much went home. °_________________°

I brought back a total of nine things, listed below:
  • Yuumei's 1000 Words
  • A Wolf print from Yuumei
  • A Pokemon Starters print and Link print from Angela
  • Izaya VS Shizuo T-shirt (for me)
  • Gundam T-shirt (for my brother)
  • Alpaca with a Sailor Hat
  • Two Pokeballs
By the end of the day, I saw a lot of cosplayers from all different kinds of fandoms, such as Attack on Titan, Pokemon, and Durarara!! I found a lot of Hetalia cosplayers, including a Belarus, Ukraine, Italy, South Korea, Chibitalia, Taiwan, 2 Englands, a couple Canadas, and a lot of Americas (all that plus my friends who were dressed as China and genderbent/Nyotalia North Korea). Two of my other friends were dressed as Blake and Ruby from Roosterteeth's RWBY. There were a lot less Roosterteeth fans (especially RWBY because technically there are only four video trailer of it released so far) at AE, but I did manage to find two other Rubys and one Yang.

Here are just a few of the pictures:

Best Celty cosplay I've ever seen.
(Celty's so awesome!!!! I love her so much!)
Later, I saw this person sitting at a booth in the Artist Alley ^^

A Kagura and two Team Magma girls

You have no idea how many SNK fans there were out there.
So many people were cosplaying them, and in big groups like this.

The same Celty from before, this time with an Izaya!

You have no idea how much I love this shirt <3

I'm hoping that next year, I can go to AX again. So far, I'm planning on cosplaying as Taiwan, but if I can't finish her clothes on time, I'll just buy a blue dress and go as Seychelles.
That's all for now! Bye guys! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment