My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Free! Episode 1 Reactions

Spoilers Contained Inside!!! You have been warned OwO...

Hey guys!
Recently, I started watching the anime, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club!
In case you don't know about it, Free! is the new swimming anime that was released this summer that has a whole bunch of manservice in it! (Absolutely WONDERFUL, right? yes I'm being sarcastic) At first, I wasn't going to watch it, but I went on tumblr and saw a bunch of funny pictures and screenshots. After I learned about Gou Matsuoka, I finally decided to start watching the series.
Anyways, this post is about episode 1 of Free! I'm thinking about just doing reaction posts for this series, so no summaries guys!!! (go on Wikipedia or something) Also, the format of this reaction post is going to be a little different from the ones I'm doing before (I'm planning on using this format for my reactions on Ouran High School Host Club too, when I do get a chance to do them) A few things before I start: everything is mostly in chronological order in the "Reactions During" section, and when I use "..." it means that I'm watching something and after a while, something else happens.


What I learned before watching:

  • a few funny scenes from Episode 1 and 2
  • Apparently, the way the characters dance in the closing song have to do with what swimming style that they swim (Example, backstroke, breast stroke, freestyle)
  • Gou Matsuoka, and that she is related to a character named Rin Matsuoka (at the time, I only knew what Gou looked like and her name)
  • Free! has a lot of manservice (oh boy -______________- what fun)
  • Free! is about swimming

Reactions During:

  • Video loads: *fangirl* I'm so excited, I want to see Gou!!!!
  • lol those two guys (brown-haired and blonde) sound exactly like girls...actually almost all of them do. O_O
  • the water is so pretty!!!! >W<
  • wow, he (black-haired) looks so bored now that he's grown up lol
  • I really like that Grandma's quote ^^ It's kinda true
  • Opening Song: I guess it's pretty cool if you look at how they animate it (manservice! manservice everywhere!!!! D: there's no doubt that there will be more later)
  • GOU!!!! SHE FINALLY APPEARED!!!!!!
  • so that shota-boy/Nagisa is calling everyone with "-chan", eh?
  • It's so cute when Haruka's eyes start sparkling when you mention a pool ^///^
  • the paintings on that old swim school's wall looks really creepy (It's as if the swimmer is crying out blood or something)
  • aww...it's so cute how Makoto's scared
  • Rin's teeth are so sharp...he came back from Australia like a badass...let me rephrase that: he came back from Australia as a jerk
  • oh gawd, the manservice again (/ n \)
  • Wow, both Rin and Haru wear swimsuits under their clothes everyday (that's kind of gross now that I think about it O.O). What swimming maniacs...and then they don't even notice that there's no water in the pool
  • He did the "pool" thing again, so cute!!!!
  • More manservice -___-
  • I only just realized that Free! in the title means freestyle O___O i feel dumb now
  • DUBSTEP!!! TECHNO!!!
  • Closing Song: catchy; Rin is still a bastard, even in the closing

Thoughts After:

  • The manservice made me feel more awkward and embarassed than I thought it would make me...
  • Awww...Gou didn't appear as much as I would have liked her to ¯3 ¯
  • I thought that Nagisa and Makoto would have switched personalities. I guess that it's better that they didn't though; there are too many shota-boys who are always scared
That's all I have for now! I'll post my reactions for episode 2 soon ^^
Bye! :D

Favorite part:
Isn't he so cute :3

No comments:

Post a Comment