My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cream Puffs!

Hi Everyone!!! ^.^
Last Sunday, I made some cream puffs.
For the cream puff shells, I used Anna the Red's recipe (Here: http://www.annathered.com/2009/04/07/how-to-make-totoro-cream-puffs/). They're so cute, and they are Totoro-shaped!!! >.<
Just so you know, Anna the Red is awesome!!! She cooks and bakes, and also makes some stuffed plushies. Her bentos look really cool too! Here is her homepage: http://www.annathered.com/
I discovered her online when looking up Totoro things!!! ^.^
Anna the Red also has a custard cream filling recipe, but I used another one: http://japanesefood.about.com/od/japanesedessertsweet/r/shucreampuff.htm. But, if you want to use her recipe, here it is: http://www.annathered.com/2009/04/05/how-to-make-custard-cream/ (by stove top) and http://www.annathered.com/2009/04/02/how-to-make-custard-cream-with-a-microwave/ (microwave)

They turned out pretty good, other than the fact that every single one of them had a hole on the bottom TT^TT.
Anyways, Here are some pictures.




Materials!!!! >.<





Now, We're skipping to the part when I mixed up the ingredients for the custard cream! I accidentally left the fire on without mixing it, so it ended up like that (the yellow stuff is egg yolk) -.-




After a while, this is how it turned out.
Then, I put it in a bowl and refrigerated it.




Now for the cream puff shells!!! >:D
I put some ingredients in a pot on low fire.




When it boiled, I took it off the stove and added flour.




I am slowly adding mixed egg to my dough. I think I may have added too much though -v-;


I put the dough in a Ziploc bag and squeezed it onto some foil. I did put some oil on the foil though, which I probably shouldn't have done.

Yes, yes, I am very bad at spacing things out.




The shells in the oven during the first couple of minutes..... (yes the striped thing on the side is me)




During the last minutes, my cream puff shells looked like this.











When I removed them from the foil, they all had holes!!! TT.TT





So, I filled them with cream from the bottom.







They were super delicious!!! :D
Right now, I'm thinking about what I should make this week... .______.

Yesterday, my dog, Mochi, had surgery to get spayed.
She came home really late all depressed and sad. :'(
Even worse, she had a cone....you know, the "cone of shame".
She has to wear it for a week, and we have to feed her until then, because she can't eat or drink with it on.
She's better today though, which makes me happy :D

Well, that's all for now :D Bye!!!

P.S. Listening to "Numb" right now ^^ I love this song, it's so awesome!!! >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment