My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Review of a One Shot Manga

Hello!
Well, I just finished making cream puffs again!!! ^.^
I don't have pictures though, sorry about that -.- It was kind of last-minute.
If you want to know what the final product looked like, just imagine last time's cream puffs with less holes. That's right! I made a set of cream puffs with less holes!!! I'M IMPROVING!!! :D
Okay, actually I only had like, four out of twelve cream puff shells with small tiny holes, but still. >:(
I found out that all I had to do was to not grease the pan! I also used a bit more flour and less egg, but I'm not really sure if that helped or not :\
I think that I used to much sugar in the cream, because I just ate two of them and my head is starting to hurt now :(
Oh well, onto the NEXT TOPIC!!! :D

Yesterday, I added something to the top of my blog/homepage....whatever you want to call it. Can you guess??? :D...Okay, I'm just going to tell you.
On the top of the page, I added "My Three Rules For Life". It's kind of self-explanatory. I pretty much follow these three rules every single day, and try my best to not break them. But, although it says "My Rules", you can follow them too :)
Yes, I know, it looks really ugly. But I don't know how to make it look better >.< (Remember, I'm an amateur at blogging......Although a long time ago I made a couple of websites on webs.com. I remember that I could do a bunch of cool things, like adding a game on it or making a page for pictures...I forgot though :P)
When I was adding my three rules onto my blog I realized that I could add more pages onto my blog! :D But I don't know what other pages to add, so I think I'll just keep it like that for now.

Well, yesterday, when I was reading a bunch of manga, I came along to a certain one shot that just confuses me. It's called See You Again, by Ike Junko. On Mangahere.com, it's classified as shoujo, tragedy, school life, slice of life, one shot, and romance. Now, for those of you who don't know what a one shot is, it's kind of like a short story that can stand alone. Usually, they are one chapter long, and they can be a pilot to as whole series that may come after (For example, if an author makes a one shot, and if it becomes really popular, the author might make a series about the one shot. So, if you turn it around, the one shot is kind of like a summary of the series....but not exactly, because the author can add, extend, and/or change events or characters. Also, he/she would probably have a different ending in the one shot than in a series that comes after it.)
Now, I'm not saying that this is one of the worst mangas I've ever read. In fact, I kind of like it. It's just a bit confusing. If you want to read this manga before I spoil it, do not read anything below.

I REPEAT, IF YOU WANT TO READ THIS MANGA BEFORE I SPOIL IT, DO NOT READ ANYTHING BELOW!!!

Yes, that is a *SPOILER ALERT*....why am I typing so small?

So, to make this a little less confusing, here are the characters.
The first is the protagonist, the boy, Itou Yoshino.
The second is the boy's friend, Kawakami Ayano. I  think that Ayano takes three "forms" in the manga. The very first one to appear is actually her adult self, when she is pregnant and married (future-Ayano). The second is when she is in school (present-Ayano), and the third is when she's a little girl (past-Ayano). You can recognize her through the hair clip she wears, which is rose-shaped.
Now the story (I am italicizing some words that are important people/objects in this story): 
So, it starts off with Yoshino, and he's walking to school with a paper airplane. On his way, he helps this pregnant lady (future Ayano) when she drops some apples.
Then, at school, we meet present-Ayano. The two are very good friends. Present-Ayano learns that Yoshino is moving away, and becomes very said. Before he leaves school campus, she sends him a paper airplane with her address on it and tells him to come visit her once before she got married.
(The confusing part:) It says that now, several years have passed and Yoshino has returned (he still looks exactly the same though). He helps a pregnant lady (future-Ayano) with her apples, and then the story follows the lady home. It is revealed that this person if future-Ayano, and she is now married. She tells her husband that she a man that looked like her first love helped her that day.
Then, going back to Yoshino, we learn that it has been two years and he's nervous to propose to future-Ayano (doesn't know that she's married). He's sees a little girl (past-Ayano) with the same hair clip as his friend, who is about to be hit by a car. He saves her, but dies.
Finally, we see Yoshino up in a tree, probably in future-Ayano's backyard. He says that he regrets not telling her anything, and shoots the paper airplane before disappearing. The manga ends when he says, that he'll meet her again anyway, with a picture of future-Ayano hugging her stomach.

First off, I want to say that Yoshino was time-traveling or stuck in a time loop around Ayano or something. But, my theory may be wrong, and everything looks that way because of a bunch of coincidences. The Ayano's all look very similar though.
I think that Yoshino definitely dies saving the little girl, but what I don't get is when he says that he'll see her again soon. Is he going to be reincarnated into Ayano's child or something? Or is he just born again/for the first time as the child (with the same face and name), which would make his friend his mom.... .__________. That's weird. But, it proves my messed-up-time-theory.

Anyways, this manga is so awesome. Confusing, but awesome. It's touching too :'(
You should totally read it >.< In fact, read other one shots too! They're great :)
Thank you for reading this/listening to me talk about a one shot manga that you may or may not care about. :D
Bye and until next time!!!....which is probably tomorrow :P

No comments:

Post a Comment