My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy (late) Veteran's Day!

Hi everyone!
Yesterday, it was Veteren's Day (at least it was here), and I can't believe that I forgot about it ;_;
I knew that it was this weekend, yet I forgot. I thought it was today. I'm such a horrible person TT^TT
Anyways, to make it up, I'm posting today.
My teacher once told me (and the rest of the class) that children today are losing their patriotism, and I totally agree.
We don't go thank people who risk their lives to help the community because we were taught that talking to strangers is weird and strange. And because of that, we are losing our patriotism.
I think that another reason that this is happening is because some of us are incredibly shy, including me. I'll tell you a short story.
So one day, I walked into a restaurant (to eat at obviously -.-). Around halfway through the meal, a group of soldiers in their uniforms walked in. I knew that I should go up to them and thank them at least once, but I would always chicken out and instead stare at them from where I was sitting like some kind of child admiring their idol. We left that day, and I felt so, so, so bad that I hadn't said anything. I absolutely regret that day, even now.
So, my point is, that whenever you see a firefighter, cop, veteran, or military soldier, you should always go up to them and say, "Thank you". Some people may think that you're are weird, but most will admire and appreciate you for doing something they probably could never do. (You also won't feel regret for the rest of your life, like I did -.-) Just give it a try! ^.^

Also, recently I've been hearing the song, "Where is the Love?" by the Black Eyed Peas on the radio. I know it's kind of old, but I just love everything about this song, whether it's the beat, the lyrics, or the message. So, here's the music video for "Where is the Love?". Enjoy! :)
Well, I hope that you all had a happy Veteran's Day yesterday and remember to thank someone for helping your country. Bye! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment