My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm back!!!!
Well, I just finished making the icebox cupcakes!!! YAY!!! :D
I had to do a lot of math for conversions before and got an arm workout while making them though.
Anyways, as I promised, now for pictures!!! (and steps)

The Ingredients
As I have said, I mostly used the recipe of Stephanie Jaworski of JoyofBaking.com. Here it is: http://www.joyofbaking.com/cupcakes/IceboxCupcakesRecipe.html
But, I made some changes. Instead of making/buying/using Chocolate wafers, I used a box of vanilla wafers-- Nilla to be specific. And also, I couldn't get 1 1/2 cups of double/whipping cream, so I got a half pint (1 cup). Because I changed one of the amounts, I had to change the others. So, I also used 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/6 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Yup, that's pretty much all you need. Except for one more thing: I also got some chocolate and cut them in tiny pieces to add to half of the cream......that paragraph was kind of annoying/confusing wasn't it... :\ I'll just rewrite it later.

The Steps (my steps to be specific)
Materials:
-Big bowl
-little bowl
-Wire whisk
-2 spoons
-knife and chopping board

Ingredients:
-milk chocolate
-1 cup (236 mL) whipping cream
-2 tbs sugar
-1/6 tsp vanilla extract (actually, I got a 1/4 tsp measure-er and filled it up 2/3 of the way)
-Box of Nilla

1) Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces with the knife and the chopping board (I think I left it out too long, so it started to melt, so maybe slip it into the refrigerator)
2) Pour the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in the big bowl. Whisk it until stiff peaks form (sorry wasn't looking at the time, so I don't know how many minutes that was...felt like 5 minutes, but don't trust my guess!!!)
3) Use one of the spoons to get half of the filling in the smaller bowl. Add most of the chopped chocolate into the small bowl an mix with the spoon.
4) Take the whisk and put it away ( to the sink or something) and put the last spoon in the big bowl.

Okay, so now we have two bowl. A big bowl and spoon with the plain filling and a smaller bowl and spoon with chocolate-added filling.

5) Get a Nilla wafer and place some of the filling (either one) on top. Place another wafer on top of the filling.  Repeat (so the order from top the bottom  is Nilla-filling-Nilla-filling-Nilla.). You may put filling on the very top and sprinkle some chocolate.
6) Keep making Icebox cupcakes until you run out of filling
7) Put the cupcakes in cups, cupcake/muffin-liners, or on a tray. Cover them and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or over night.


YES!!! I made it!!!
That was confusing wasn't, sorry about that.
But now, for the exciting pictures!!! >.< (there are like, only four...sorry if I disappointed you)





Most of the ingredients and materials before I started.




After whisking for a while, the filling/cream made a really cool pattern. It reminds me of the top of this cheesecake I once saw.





Four of the many versions that I made.






The finished products!!!! >w<







Well, I hope you enjoyed this whole post!!! I haven't eaten the icebox cupcakes yet; they are still in the refrigerator. I'll tell you how I thought they tasted next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment