My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hi everyone!
Well, yesterday, I finally got a copy of Shannon Hale's Enna Burning from the library. I've been waiting forever for it, so now I'm so happy!!! Enna Burning is part of Shannon Hale's Books of Bayern. I think there are 4 now: The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Forest Born. (I haven't read the last two yet, but I will as soon as I can!!!)
Earlier, I was thinking about other great books and authors. So, I'm going to write a list of some of my favorite novels and series here! >.< Let's start! (They are not in any order. I love them all :) )

The Hunger Games Triology by Suzanne Collins
Katniss Everdeen lives in District 12 of the nation of Panem, which was once North America. The Hunger games, an televised event that makes random kids from ages 12-18 from each of the 12 districts fight each other to the death, happens once a year in The Capitol. That year, Katniss's sister, Primrose is chosen, and Katniss volunteers in her place as tribute. The Hunger Games Triology, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay follow Katniss as she tries to survive in the Hunger Games and after.

The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
The books of Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance follow Eragon in the fantasy world of Algaëshia. One day, Eragon, who lives with his uncle in Carvahall, discovers a giant blue stone in the forest of the Spine. As it turns out, this stone is actually a dragon egg, and it hatches. Eragon names her Saphira. The rest of the books follow Eragon and Saphira as they try to defeat the evil King Galbatorix with the help of many people and races, including the elves, dwarves, and Urgals.

If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Mia Hall feels out of place in her family. They look very different and compared to her rock music-loving family, Mia prefers the cello and classical music. One day, the four of them head out and get in a car-accident. The rest of the novel follows Mia as she watches the events happening around her body as a living ghost and considers whether living alone in the world or dieing is a better choice.
Where She Went is the sequel to If I Stay and follows Adam Wilde, Mia's boyfriend. The events of this novel happen after book 1. (I won't tell you too much, or it'll spoil it all :P)

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
The Goose Girl is based on the Brothers Grimm's fairy tale of the same name. At 16, Princess Anidori journeys to the neighboring kingdom of Bayern to be married with her waiting maid, Selia, and a group of soldiers. While in the deep forest, Selia betrays Ani and commands some of the soldiers (that were loyal to her) to massacre the others. Anidori barely escapes and wanders the forest as Selia makes it to Bayern. After an old woman kindly helps Ani, she sets off to the city. There, she hides as a goose girl, dying her hair and eyebrows to avoid being spotted and killed by Selia's soldiers (Bayern is full of people with dark hair; Ani and Selia's hair is blonde). She makes friends with the other animal keepers there and plans to take back her identity.

Well, I think that that's good for now. If you want to find out what happens to the characters of any of the books, well, READ IT!!! >.< They are all very great and written by awesome authors! But before I leave here are some other information about the books:
-The Hunger Games Triology are all about 300 pages per book, so about 900 pages total if I remember correctly
-The Inheritance Cyle is the longest of all of the books/series I named. I think that each book has at least 500 pages... .__.
-If I Stay and Where She Went are thrillers and might make you cry. I think I did.
-The Goose Girl, along with the other Books of Bayern, are fantasy and have things that are like magic, but not exactly...magic. You'll understand when you read it -.-

Well, I hope that you all read these, if you haven't already. I think that they are so AWESOME!!! ^.^ >.< :D
Bye and Until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment