My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Hello there!
Today, I want to talk about the horrible music video, "Friday", which made Rebecca Black infamous on Youtube. If you have already seen the horror once or don't want to even know what the horror was about, do not watch the music video below. I repeat: DO NOT WATCH THE MUSIC VIDEO BELOW.
"Why?" That is my only question. Why would you torture us like this? Why would you make a music video that was so horrible when the lyrics to the song don't even make sense!?
Here are the multiple things I found wrong with this video: (I'm usually not someone who says criticizes people and/or does this kind of thing, but this is an exception.)

1) When the music video starts, the visuals don't look that good/appealing. Rebecca Black looks so weird on the notepad-thingy.
2) Also in the beginning, Rebecca is just standing there and singing. Shouldn't there be a bit more movement? (and also one of her lyrics involves eating cereal. seriously?)
3) One of the most messed up parts of the video. First though, the lyrics to this part:
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends

Kickin' in the front seat
Sittin' in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?
First if all. Why is she at the bus stop if her friends are going to pick her up? Second, if her friends are her classmates, they shouldn't even be driving! When Rebecca Black made that video, she was only 14! She's not even old enough to drive now!!! And finally, there is only one seat left. the "back seat". What is she, blind!???
4) The part when they are driving during the night. #1: TOO MUCH MAKE-UP!!!! #2: it looks so fake
5) At the "party" you finally get to see Rebecca's dress. I personally thought it didn't suit her and that it is a little too mature. And I don't know if it was just me, but I think I saw a boy who looked like he was in 6th grade of something.
6) Rebecca Black states so many obvious things throughout the song. The most obvious was when she was naming the days of the week: 
Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards
I don't wan this weekend to end.
Really!? Do you think that we don't know the days of the week!!!???? Also, there was very bad grammar and the visuals freaked me out again. O.o
7) WTF!!!??? O_O Some rapping dude just pops out of freakin' no where!!! He's rapping is actually pretty good, but it also looks really fake.
8) and finally, (oh, so FINALLY!!!) at the end of the video. she looks really akward singing for the crowd. Or at least she did to me. I will say, though, that that was probably one of the only good parts in this video.

I know you probably don't want to keep hearing me rant on about "Friday" sucks, but I just can't help it!!! >_< I'm already this far!!!
Rebecca's voice is so auto-tuned that you can barely tell what her real singing voice is. If I could hear that, then I would be willing to admit that she's a talented singer, but since I don't see any evidence whatsoever, I can't/won't do it.
After reading about how Rebecca's mother paid $4000 dollars for Rebecca to record and shoot a music video for this song, I felt that she was a little spoiled. That may not be the case, but that's either the truth or that the internet is a very good lier... (weird sentence)
Apparently, I just checked Youtube, and this video has 40,426,364 views. There are 201,104 likes and 827,828 dislikes (pfft...fail)

To sum it up, "Friday" by Rebecca Black is a complete failure (and I mean complete), and over-autotuned mess, and Rebecca's biggest embarrassment (even more so because she put it on the internet which can be seen everywhere). What I don't get is that she would make another video, "My Moment".
Okay, so first you torture us with your stupid song "Friday" that is extremely auto-tuned and pointless. Now you want us to listen to another one of your songs with lyrics that praise yourself about getting famous. Wow. Does this girl have any pride? 
There is definitely less computer work on her voice in the music video, but this song is also pointless. I really, truly wonder how many of the fans are real and who are the actors/actresses/extras that were asked to be filmed in the video
She's even confident enough to address her haters (including me), saying:
Haters said I'd see ya later
Can't talk to you right now
I'm getting my paper
Then I'm doing big things
Things you never dreamed of
I hope you are happy
Cause I'm bout to blow up
...wow. This girl is really rude and arrogant and sarcastic if you read these lyrics. If you don't want haters (actually, I don't think she knows how many haters she really has :) ), just be nice and write good songs, and help others.
But first! Let's answer/react to her questions, shall we? (actually it's just me, but if you want to too, go ahead!)
First 3 lines: How very rude
Line 4-5: It's true that I don't dream about becoming famous overnight. It's because I don't look too forward into my future to make high expectations for myself. Truth: Most people don't become popular pop stars.... not even you.
Line 6: Yes, thank you. I am actually very happy, content, and satisfied right now. ^.^ I have good friends.
Line 7: What a line full of confidence and arrogance!!! :D

You can look up other horrible things and music videos of Rebecca Black. I'm far too tired to go anymore -.-
Until next time!!!...I'm done ranting now

No comments:

Post a Comment