My Three Rules for Life:
1. Always try your best. Put your utmost effort into everything you do, even if it seems unimportant.
2.When the stress builds up, take a break and stop.
3. Laugh and Smile.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cooking With Dog and RunnyRunny999

Hello Everyone!!!! >v<

Today I'm going to talk about two awesome Japanese Youtubers, Cooking With Dog and runnyrunny999! Both of them post cooking videos ^^

Last Monday, I was kind of bored, so I decided to make something. I didn't have any flour though and I didn't want to bake anything. So, I went on online and looked for simple non-bake recipes. Eventually, I ended up on Youtube searching for using pudding recipes. That then led me Cooking With Dog's Custard Pudding video.

I believe that this video was nominated for a Youtube Video Award in Japan during 2011.

I have always loved to eat custard pudding and when I found that this recipe didn't use many ingredients (just water, egg, sugar, and milk!), I decided to give it a try.
These are some pictures of the final result! (sorry, no pictures of the progress. It was really messy anyways :P)

Despite it's appearance, the pudding I made was really good!!! :O
(It only looks weird because I messed up while making the caramel and because I suck at making pudding)

Cooking with Dog is hosted by...a dog, Francis, who explains the recipe of a food in English. The Chef (real name is not know) is the person who physically makes the food, and usually talks during the beginning and ending of the videos. Cooking with Dog creates many popular Japanese dishes. A few examples are ichigo daifuku, melonpan, taiyaki, and a Christmas cake (actually there's a lot more and with a wider variety...those are just some sweets that I like that they made -___-)
Anyways, continuing with the story, after I watched and made some pudding, I went on Youtube again to look for more recipes. That's when I found runnyrunny999's Mochi video.


Runnyrunny999 is the username of a Japanese chef named Taro. Although he is not a professional cook, his videos are very easy to follow and fun to watch ^^. Taro makes things based on requests from the audience, but his videos also includes candy testing from different countries.
The main difference between these two channels are the way that they are shot. Cooking with Dog's videos are more professional. All the shots are planned out (for example, when to have a close up and where) and the way they deliver the recipe is very straightforward (like, "do this, then that, then this...")
On the other hand Taro's videos are a bit friendlier. He makes jokes while he cooks and his videos just give off a friendly air (For example, he uses "lol" a lot in the description of his videos ^^).

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this post! XD
Here is Cooking With Dog and runnyrunny999's channels (you can find their Google+, Facebook, and twitter on their Youtube channel under the "About" tab):
Please watch and support them!

Bye! >W<

No comments:

Post a Comment